Masterchan[a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x]

Comics - /co/[Catalog][Board FAQ]

[?]

TopBottom
Media deleted

Invader Zim comic from Oni Press? I've always wondered what the status of the IP since the show's cancellation. Does Nickolodeon own it or Vasquez? We'll see soon enough.

>>
Media deleted

I thought Nick had the rights to the IP, which was why he could never take the show to another network. Possibly they only had rights to Zim as a TV series or animation, and a comic series is some kind of loophole?

>>

Nick is pretty lax when it comes to comics. As far as they're concerned, as long as someone is paying them royalties, it's all good. I'm surprised it took them this long to get a comic going though. The asshurt from the cancellation probably lingered for awhile.

>>
Media deleted

It's really happening http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=59483 Ongoing series coming in July. Alexovich, Trueheart, Simons and Vasquez are all working on it

>>

Here's hoping it turns out to actually be coherent, and not a pointless existentialist mess like Vasquez's Johhny the Homicidal maniac

>>
Media deleted

>>1230 The "Meanwhiles..." were the best part and Happy Noodle Boy was "lol so random holds up spork" done right. It was like reading something out of a schizophrenic's diary.

>>
Media deleted

The wait is killing me.

>>
Media deleted

LET THE STORYTIME BEGIN!!!

>>
Media deleted

>>1423

>>
Media deleted

>>1424

>>
Media deleted

>>1425

>>
Media deleted

>>1426

>>
Media deleted

>>1427

>>
Media deleted

>>1428

>>
Media deleted

>>1429

>>
Media deleted

>>1431

>>
Media deleted

>>1432

>>
Media deleted

>>1433

>>
Media deleted

>>1434

>>
Media deleted

>>1435

>>
Media deleted

>>1436 Dat last panel tho

>>
Media deleted

>>1437

>>
Media deleted

>>1438

>>
Media deleted

>>1439

>>
Media deleted

>>1440

>>
Media deleted

>>1441

>>
Media deleted

>>1442

>>
Media deleted

>>1443

>>
Media deleted

>>1444

>>
Media deleted

>>1445

>>
Media deleted

>>1446

>>
Media deleted

>>1447

>>
Media deleted

>>1448 to be continued...

>>
Media deleted

I actually bought it. The story seems to be the one Vasquez wrote before they got cancelled. Really nice to see it move in this direction. I could still hear their VAs in my head~

>>
Media deleted

>>1450 Wow, there sure are a lot of covers.

>>

>>1445 >creepy outccast child who wears a long black trench coat to school Amazing Nick allowed this design so shortly after Columbine shootings

>>

>>1452 It's a noirish spy look and he pulls it off alright.

>>

>>1227 I'm so happy that this is back! 😆

>>

Looking forward to new waves of Gas 34

Update 5