Masterchan[a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x]

Suggestions - /gg/[Catalog][Board FAQ]

[?]

TopBottom
Media deleted

Threads with suggestions I have already implemented or plan to do so shortly, or where there is already a thread discussing it will be deleted from /gg/. Unlike the rest of MasterChan, this board is merely a channel directly to me and not a discussion nor entertainment board, so I'll try to keep it clean to prevent reposting and so everyone has an easier time browsing the suggestions. If your thread is more than suggestions, consider making it off topic and it will not be deleted.

>>

I have deleted most threads on /gg/. Some were too old and things suggested were already implemented, or they were interesting ideas that I merely combined them here as a reminder.

>>
>>

>Next to each board name there should be a number displaying the amount of new posts since last visiting that board. This way users can find where the activity is without having to manually sift through the board list.

>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_markup_languages /sci/ admin, read above article and add one of them for compatibility with /sci/ posts.

>>

>Will you ever add a Random Board feature that will take the user to any of the featured or non-featured board.

>>

>Global admin, you told us once that your main page displays all images in form of a catalog. Board admins should have the same option, with pictures from their boards.

>>

>Where's my ctrl+s to spoiler, nigger?

>>

>Will you ever add an online user count for each board along side the current overall online user count for the website itself? (answer: probably not, as that would require me to log your IP with the boards you visit, which is somewhat sensitive. I could do that with anonymous accounts though perhaps)

>>

>A lot of people complain about /candy/ pictures appearing on the front page. Making /candy/ a featured board or censoring it is not a good idea. >My suggestion is to move the "latest pictures" row to the bottom of the page and use the new space to be a latest pictures for the featured boards (check pic). >This is a small change, but I think, with the less visibility, people won't be bothered too much about /candy/ content.

>>

BUG: the maxlengh attribute of HTML <input is not being respected on big browsers. Another solution or javascript counter may be required

>>

spoiler images

>>

reply text is lost when backing browser

>>

flash upload, with increased file size

>>

adopting/promoting threads from other boards somewhere

>>

reporting a thread should remember the user's anon account

Update 5