Masterchan[a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x]

Cartoons - /toon/[Catalog][Board FAQ]

[?]

TopBottom
Media deleted

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/01/business/media/a-worse-than-expected-55-million-first-quarter-loss-for-dreamworks-animation.html >DreamWorks Animation was hurt by a hefty restructuring charge; increased costs at AwesomenessTV, a YouTube-based entertainment business aimed at teenage girls; and continuing fallout from “The Penguins of Madagascar,” which flopped late last year. The bulk of revenue came from premium television reruns of “How to Train Your Dragon 2,” which was released last summer. >The results for DreamWorks Animation’s “Home,” released on March 27, were mixed. The movie, centered on a misfit alien and a lost African-American girl, received subpar reviews but did much better than expected in North America, taking in $154.6 million as of Wednesday. That eased pressure on the studio, which had been facing liquidity concerns. Man, I didn't even hear about this Home shit.

>>
Media deleted

>>250 Never heard of it until now. How could this fail when its got Rihanna and the guy that says Zimbabwe.

>>

This is a secret movie. Nobody knows about it.

>>

>>250 how did the bulk of revenue come from TV reruns of a movie? it cant be that much money from tv reruns...

>>
Media deleted

i'm gonna be honest: good, the majority of movies/things they made is complete trash. i hope they lose all their money and better animation comes out soon.

>>

;)

Update 5